how to manualy scratch volume

jimmytandon

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,
I m using 3 lto tapes for dbbackup, and I have scheduled admin backkup in every 3 days
But suddenly my activity log drive showing me full, and I want to take dbbackup manuly but dbbackup required a scratch volume or tapes.
So my query is can I manually scratch those existing tape volume if yes so what will the procedure....

Thankssss
Ravi tandon

PREDATAR Control23

how to do manualy scratch dbbackup volume

Hi Moon,
Thanks for reply,
i m new in tsm we are using tsm 6.3 on windows server i m sending to you volhist log file
so can u explain how to configured and monitor admin schedule, we have schedule weekly full file system backup and sql backup on every sunday so whats happening suddenly my activity log drive is going full and every time i have need to insert a new scratch volume and for dbbackup so could u explain if i want to use old drive for dbbackup so how to scratch it pls see the log file and
if i want immediately scratch and reused the UPS042L4 tape drive for dbbackup then what is the exact cmd please suggest

Realy Thanks for your support

Please suggest earlier

Ravi Tandon

Attachments

• Volhistlog.txt
    123.4 KB · Views: 12
PREDATAR Control23

If you don't need the two oldest copy of your DB backup, issue this command to get back the two oldest DB backup:

del volhist todate=-6 type=dbb <-- -6 since the oldest you have is from Nov 15, and today is Nov 20

this will get you backup the oldest DB Backups - UPS099L4, UPS042L4, UPS050L4, UPS097L4