How to get the scratch volumes after reclamation

disig

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,

I am trying to the volume names which became scratch after reclamation.Is there any command for that....???

Regards,
Vijo.

search for this message after a successful reclamation

ANR1341I
Scratch volume B02152 has been deleted from
storage pool 3592POOL. (SESSION: 42747, PROCESS: 506)

Those volumes will show as pending...They will be pending for as long as you configured the reuse delay option, which by then they will return as scratch...

select volume_name,stgpool_name,est_capacity_mb,pct_utilized, status,access,access,location,devclass_name,last_write_date from volumes where status='PENDING'

Those volumes will show as pending...They will be pending for as long as you configured the reuse delay option, which by then they will return as scratch...

select volume_name,stgpool_name,est_capacity_mb,pct_utilized, status,access,access,location,devclass_name,last_write_date from volumes where status='PENDING'

Hi,
If your reusedelay=0, then use the inestler's query:

q act begint=-24 search='ANR1341I Scratch volume'

you can also query your volhistory.

Rudy

Dear Stephan,

I tried the command but it gave error

tsm: TSM>select volume_name,stgpool_name,est_capacity_mb,pct_utilized,status,access,access,location,devclass_name,last_write_date from volumes where status='PENDING'
ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.
ANS8001I Return code 11.

And when I tried Q ACTLOG BEGIND=-<no of days> search=ANR1341I
gave the scratch tape....

Thanks and regards,
VIJO.

It is not an error. It just mentions that you have no tapes in Pending mode...They problably all returned to scratch mode already. If your reuse delay is set to 0, then it would be normal not to have pending tapes. If your reuse delay is set to 3, that would mean that a tape, after being reclaimed would "sit" in pending mode until the 3 days expired before returning to scratch...

Hi

try this.

SELECT substr(char(start_time),1,19) AS START_TIME,substr(char(end_time - start_time),1,10) AS "ELAPTIME (D HHMMSS)",activity, number, entity,mediaw, successful FROM summary WHERE activity='RECLAMATION' AND end_time>current_timestamp-48 hours

Back