• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

How to find the tapes required to restore a specific server at a specific date ?

soycuba

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi !

I would like to know how we can find in TSM, for example with a SQL request in the ODBC driver, the tapes which are required to restore a specific server at a specific date.

For example : I would like to know which tapes are needed if I want to restore the server "TOTO" at the specific date of the 14 june 2007 ?

I have tried to find out a way to do it in the different tables and field listed by the ODBC driver but without success.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Regards

Cuba

denisl

ADSM.ORG Member
q nodedata TOTO

This will tell you all the tapes in use by TOTO. This is about as close as you'll get..

You can also do an "export node toto filedata=allactive preview=yes" to see what tapes are needed to bring the server to the most current state.

To identify the exact volumes you'll need to dump the 2 largest tables in the TSM database; contents and backups.

soycuba

ADSM.ORG Member
Thanks Denis for your answer but I really need to know the tapes which come with a backup at a specific date, example :

Server TOTO to restore at 08 june 2007, you need tapes TAPE1, TAPE 3 and TAPE4

Regards

patelp

ADSM.ORG Member
I will send you the command by Tommorrow. Remeber it depends upon the size of node server. The query may run for very long time. I will send you the command later.

patelp

ADSM.ORG Member
Use the following command. Will tell you which volumes are required for restore. Thanks

SELECT DISTINCT CONTENTS.VOLUME_NAME, CONTENTS.NODE_NAME,
DEVCLASSES.DEVCLASS_NAME, VOLUMES.STGPOOL_NAME, VOLUMES.VOLUME_NAME FROM CONTENTS CONTENTS, DEVCLASSES DEVCLASSES, VOLUMES VOLUMES WHERE CONTENTS.VOLUME_NAME = VOLUMES.VOLUME_NAMEAND DEVCLASSES.DEVCLASS_NAME = VOLUMES.DEVCLASS_NAME AND ((VOLUMES.STGPOOL_NAME='STGPOOL_NAME') AND (CONTENTS.NODE_NAME='NODENAME') AND (DEVCLASSES.DEVCLASS_NAME<>'DISK'))

Replace

A little simpler way...

tsm: TSM>select * from backups where node_name='node-name' and LL_NAME='file name (upper case if windows)'

NODE_NAME: node-name
FILESPACE_NAME: \\node-name\g$
FILESPACE_ID: 15
STATE: INACTIVE_VERSION
TYPE: FILE
HL_NAME: \directory\
LL_NAME: filename
OBJECT_ID: 4342022971
BACKUP_DATE: 2013-02-14 01:01:35.000000
DEACTIVATE_DATE: 2013-02-19 01:00:33.000000
OWNER:
CLASS_NAME: classtsm

tsm: TSM>sh bfo 4342022971

Bitfile Object: 4342022971
Inactive
**Archival Bitfile Entry
Bitfile Type: PRIMARY Storage Format: 22
Bitfile Size: 254922052404 Number of Segments: 1, flags: 0
Storage Pool ID: 26 Volume ID: 250088 Volume Name: M50551L5

RaCol

ADSM.ORG Member
Try this one (for TSM 6.x):
select distinct volume_name from contents a, backups b where a.node_name='<Your Node>' and a.object_id=b.object_id and backup_date<'2007-06-14'
Attention: Depending on the size of your environment it could be a long running query!

Regards, Ralf

seekerTSM

Active Newcomer
Try this one (for TSM 6.x):
select distinct volume_name from contents a, backups b where a.node_name='<Your Node>' and a.object_id=b.object_id and backup_date<'2007-06-14'
Attention: Depending on the size of your environment it could be a long running query!

Regards, Ralf

hi,

where to input this command? in the TSM server or on the server side?

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 8.0%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrescht