How to find the tapes required to restore a specific server at a specific date ?

soycuba

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi !

I would like to know how we can find in TSM, for example with a SQL request in the ODBC driver, the tapes which are required to restore a specific server at a specific date.

For example : I would like to know which tapes are needed if I want to restore the server "TOTO" at the specific date of the 14 june 2007 ?

I have tried to find out a way to do it in the different tables and field listed by the ODBC driver but without success.

Thanks in advance for your answers

Regards

Cuba

q nodedata TOTO

This will tell you all the tapes in use by TOTO. This is about as close as you'll get..

You can also do an "export node toto filedata=allactive preview=yes" to see what tapes are needed to bring the server to the most current state.

To identify the exact volumes you'll need to dump the 2 largest tables in the TSM database; contents and backups.

Thanks Denis for your answer but I really need to know the tapes which come with a backup at a specific date, example :

Server TOTO to restore at 08 june 2007, you need tapes TAPE1, TAPE 3 and TAPE4

Regards

I will send you the command by Tommorrow. Remeber it depends upon the size of node server. The query may run for very long time. I will send you the command later.

Use the following command. Will tell you which volumes are required for restore. Thanks

SELECT DISTINCT CONTENTS.VOLUME_NAME, CONTENTS.NODE_NAME,
DEVCLASSES.DEVCLASS_NAME, VOLUMES.STGPOOL_NAME, VOLUMES.VOLUME_NAME FROM CONTENTS CONTENTS, DEVCLASSES DEVCLASSES, VOLUMES VOLUMES WHERE CONTENTS.VOLUME_NAME = VOLUMES.VOLUME_NAMEAND DEVCLASSES.DEVCLASS_NAME = VOLUMES.DEVCLASS_NAME AND ((VOLUMES.STGPOOL_NAME='STGPOOL_NAME') AND (CONTENTS.NODE_NAME='NODENAME') AND (DEVCLASSES.DEVCLASS_NAME<>'DISK'))

Replace

Thanks, but there is no field concerning the specific date, isn't it ?

A little simpler way...

tsm: TSM>select * from backups where node_name='node-name' and LL_NAME='file name (upper case if windows)'

NODE_NAME: node-name
FILESPACE_NAME: \\node-name\g$
FILESPACE_ID: 15
STATE: INACTIVE_VERSION
TYPE: FILE
HL_NAME: \directory\
LL_NAME: filename
OBJECT_ID: 4342022971
BACKUP_DATE: 2013-02-14 01:01:35.000000
DEACTIVATE_DATE: 2013-02-19 01:00:33.000000
OWNER:
CLASS_NAME: classtsm

tsm: TSM>sh bfo 4342022971

Bitfile Object: 4342022971
Inactive
**Archival Bitfile Entry
Bitfile Type: PRIMARY Storage Format: 22
Bitfile Size: 254922052404 Number of Segments: 1, flags: 0
Storage Pool ID: 26 Volume ID: 250088 Volume Name: M50551L5

Try this one (for TSM 6.x):
select distinct volume_name from contents a, backups b where a.node_name='<Your Node>' and a.object_id=b.object_id and backup_date<'2007-06-14'
Attention: Depending on the size of your environment it could be a long running query!

Regards, Ralf

Try this one (for TSM 6.x):
select distinct volume_name from contents a, backups b where a.node_name='<Your Node>' and a.object_id=b.object_id and backup_date<'2007-06-14'
Attention: Depending on the size of your environment it could be a long running query!

Regards, Ralf

hi,

where to input this command? in the TSM server or on the server side?

Back