How to disable a schedule?

ldmwndletsm

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

To temporarily disable a client schedule for all associated nodes, just change Expiration to -1? Is that correct? Then change it back to 'never', once I'm ready to reactivate it?

How best to disable a server schedule? Should I change Active from 'Yes' to 'No' or use same Expiration technique for client schedule?

PREDATAR Control23

I would think changing the start date/time to the next day or the next date you wish for the schedule to run is the best option. That way you do not forget about it. I do not think you can set -1 on the expiration as it expects format of MM/DD/YYYY.

Another way is to disassociate the client node with the schedule. Just would have to remember to redefine the association or no more backups.

If you are referring to a server schedule as an admin schedule (from q sched t=a) then the best way I found is to once again adjust the start date. You can also change active from yes to no as well.

PREDATAR Control23

Okay, thanks. And, yes, I meant 'admin'. It's interesting that TSM doesn't offer the 'Active' setting for client schedules but no big deal.

PREDATAR Control23

It's interesting that TSM doesn't offer the 'Active' setting for client schedules but no big deal.
I thought that as well when I was getting up to speed. Any more, I just disassociate, or go to the schedule service and stop it on the client, or if its for everything for a singular schedule just advance it to the next date that I want it to run.