how to configure backup using management interface

yelkaykay

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

My Client want to configure the backups using management interface(i.e Management IP). So he dont want to intrupt production IP. It is a physical server which running in win2008 r2. How to do the configuration?

Hi All,

My Client want to configure the backups using management interface(i.e Management IP). So he dont want to intrupt production IP. It is a physical server which running in win2008 r2. How to do the configuration?

This is very simple, but:

For this to happen, the TSM server needs to be in the Management network and not in the Public (or what you call Production) network.. When the TSM server can ping the node via the Management IP, then all is needed is the setup the client to talk to the TSM server via the Management IP like what you do in normal setup.

Thanks for the reply.. I have already done the configuration, but it talking via production IP. When I checked from the server, the mgmt ip was not pinging, so I contacted the server owner to check that. If Tomoro management IP is pinging from the tsm server. how to change the configuration ?

From TSM Client, you can only control which IP address is used to communicate to the TSM Server, not the interface or the network.

If the TCPServeraddress of the TSM Server is the one in the management network, that is the one that the client will use. However, if the network is setup as such that there are routes between the management and production network, then that needs to be fixed.

From the client machine, open a command prompt and try:
tracert 1.2.3.4
replace 1.2.3.4 with the IP address of the TSM Server in the management network. You will be able to follow the route, if it remains on the management network, then using that same IP as the TCPServeraddress will work. If Tracert shows it jumping to the production network, then the network admin will need to look into that.

Back