How to build new TSM server using DRM

emmanuel

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi All,

We had shutdown the TSM server 5.5.2 V which was running on AIX platform in Site A. There were long term retention data in it. So we shipped long term tapes, Recovery plan file and db snapshot tapes to Site B. So We have planned to build new TSM server in Site B on Aix platform with 5.5.2 version to import the long term data. So this TSM server will be used only for restoring the long term data. I have few queries here. Please advise.

1. Do I need to have same host name ?.
2. Do I need to have same Library name ?
3. Do I need to have same TSM server name ?

Hi Emmanuel,

In order to restore your DB, you can follow the steps of the disatser recovery mode recovery script of your recovery plan.
Before restoring the DB, you must update the devconfig file according your server and library configuration at B site (just keep one drive definition and its path for DB restoration).
Be sure to have the "disablescheds yes" option in your server options file.
When you will have your DB restored and your server restarted, you can delete all library, drives and paths definitions and redefine them.
Everything can be different : host name, libray name (if you change it, you must update the device classes that point to the library), server name (see documentation about the set servername command : https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.5/srv.reference/r_cmd_servername_set.html)

1. Do I need to have same host name ?.
No.
2. Do I need to have same Library name ?
No.
3. Do I need to have same TSM server name ?
You will automatically have the same servername once you restore the database, but you are free to change it. Just be conscious that if you use server to server commonication or LANFree, that connection to these servers will need to be re-established. Also, if you change the server name, you will need to re-enter and save the node password for all the clients.

Back