How to automatically start the client schedule service during restart of the server?

helmsdeep

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi Guys,

I have over 150 clients in my datacenter and when ever power shut down happenes and servers restart my client scheduler service is going down in all the clients. i am manually starting the dsmc client scheduler in all 150 clients by giving command "nohup dsmc schedule 2> /dev/null &" .

My doubt is:- can i put this in crontab or /etc/inittab so that scheduler service will come up everytime the clients are restarted. If possible how can i do it?

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,
Helmsdeep.

PREDATAR Control23

Put it in the /etc/inittab for AIX style systems.

Hi Moon-buddy,

Thanks for reply.

Which command to put in /etc/inittab?

can you tell me step by step which command should i place in /etc/inittab?

Thanks and Regards,
Helmsdeep

PREDATAR Control23

I would question the respawn value. I would rather do it this way with DSMCAD (Web Client) instead of DSMC:

Code:
tsmcad:2:once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmcad >/dev/null 2>&1

PREDATAR Control23

I would question the respawn value. I would rather do it this way with DSMCAD (Web Client) instead of DSMC:

Code:
tsmcad:2:once:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmcad >/dev/null 2>&1

Even i Agree with respawn value as sometimes it will make 2-3 scheduler process to create and run simultaneously which makes backup to run slow and resource wastage but it will start the process many times whenever Service is down unlike once which as name says just once.

Regarding dsmcad yeah if he uses that daemon