1. Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.
    If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.
  2. Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)
    Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

How I define a dedicated network-if on the node

Discussion in 'Networking' started by BRuester, Feb 28, 2013.

1. BRuester

BRuester Newcomer

Hello,
    I am a TSM Rookie and have no idea more.
    We have 9 nodes with several networkinterfaces. One is 1Gb the rest is 100Mb. Is it possible to configer the tsm-client in the way, that the tsm-client is using the 1Gb Interface. At this time TSM is using automaticly the 100Mbit-IF. Customers idea is, to use TSM-Proxynode, but what I read about that, it is not the best way because all data of the 9 client-nodes are transfer all datas through the proxy-node (we have no SAN connections to the nodes. Because, the nodes are spread over the whole city). My hope is, I can configure TSM to use a dedicated interface.

Sorry for my bad english-skills.
    Regards,
    Bernhard

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy ADSM.ORG Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    One way is to create a separate Backup LAN wherein only backup/restore data passes.

The TSM server will only connect through this backup network.

4. BRuester

BRuester Newcomer

Very good input

Hi Moon-Buddy,

your answer has not help directly, but the associated links at the side of your answer give me an idea. I will try the options in the dsm.opt:

TCPServerAddress <server's backup LAN address>
    TCPClientAddress <client's backup LAN address>
    SchedMode PROMPTED

of senior member GregE.

I think, a dedicated backupnet generate the same question in me. How I configer the node to use the specific interface in that net. Now, I think, the TCP-Parameters are the way todo this.

Thx a lot :up:
    and have a nice day
    Bernhard