How do I setup the TSM scheduler on RHEL 7?

droach

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I can't believe I have to post this question, but I cannot find any documentation so here goes....

RHEL 7 does not use the inittab to start services. So, how do I configure TSM to auto start its scheduler at boot?

I found this article for starting DSMCAD, but this does not start the scheduler.
https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21976275

I am a Linux newbie so please be gentle.

PREDATAR Control23

Or add: MANAGEDSERVICE SCHEDULER in dsm.opt and dsmcad will start the scheduler for you.

PREDATAR Control23

I tried setting 'MANAGEDSERVICEs SCHEDULE' in the dsm.sys file and starting the systemd process described in the links above. It did not start the scheduler, only starts the CAD. I don't usually use the CAD so the fix I figured out will work for me.

Thanks guys for your replies.

PREDATAR Control23

I know it's an old thread, but I was also facing with the problem that the dsmcad didn't start the scheduler. In my situation the solution was to add the webports option in dsm.sys, and open the given port with firewall-cmd. With the prompting schedmode, the server picks a random port to start the communication with the client. And if that random port is not opened on the client, the prompting won't reach the cad. Therefore you need to set up that port, and restart the cad service to pick up the changes. Then the server will prompt the client via that port. The webport option accepts 2 port values, the first one is the cad listener port, and the second one is the web agent port.