how can i restore tsm server backup.....!

adeelb7

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

how can i restore tsm server backup.....!
we have two side's one is Site-A and second is Site-B, on Site-A i have one TSM Sever & TS-3200 tape library, & on Site-B iwe have same hardware and same tape library i just want to take backup of Site-A tsm server and restore that backup on Site-B tsm server.
  1. For Backup i done these step sucessfully on Site-A tsm server :
    =============================================

1. backup db devclass=lib_class type=full volumenames=A00077L3
    2. Backup of volume history and device configuration: ba devconfig, ba volhist
    3. I Save a copy of your dsmserv.dsk, dsmserv.opt, devcnfg.out, volhist.out files on a CD or USB.
  1. For Restore i done these step sucessfully on Site-B :
    =====================================

1. install TSM Server
    2. Copy the saved dsmserv.opt to C:\PROGRAM FILES\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER\DSMSERV.OPT
    3. Copy the saved volhist.out to "C:\PROGRA~1\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\VOLHIST.OUT"
    4. Copy the saved devcnfig.out to "C:\PROGRA~1\TIVOLI\TSM\SERVER1\DEVCNFG.OUT
" after that i cannot understand what cqan i do becoz when i type (restore db devclass=lib_class volumenames=A00077L3) i not run sucessfully the tape volume already present in tsm library please help me out this problem"

both site we have window 2003 enviroment.................!

PREDATAR Control23

What error do you get?
You need to create a database to restore into first. The documentation link in your other post shows how to do that.
You may then need to modify your devconfig file.

PREDATAR Control23

i can't understand what u trying to say ???????????

wht type of configuration i change in devconfig.out file ???????

y i already creta db and log file on that same location:
d:\tsmdata\server1\db1.dsm
d:\tsmdata\server1\log1.dsm

Last edited: