Help with TSM Certification

kwh0507

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
I'm new to TSM and the company wants to send me out for certifications for the 6.1 that we are migrating too. My director and VP want me to decide which class's I should take and I'm a little lost. I don't even know where to start, I've talked with our one TSM admin here and he thinks I should take training to be an administrator. I've done more trouble shooting with TSM and I have extensive SQL knowledge so I've created an application for vaulting, tracking, troubleshooting and come up with a lot of issues within our systems but i'm worried that if I take the administrator class then it will go over my head.

I need help figuring out where to start? I already know how to sign up and read the prerequisites but not sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated and let me know if I need to list any more information.

That's funny....I used to teach TSM for M/UX 10+ years ago and most trainers don't have experience in a production environment. It's all theoretical. I tried to go back into teaching when I was laid off but did not hear back from them. I would love to teach again...definitely would be a lot better/knowledgeable now.

To throw in my 2 cents. Several years ago I took the 5.3 Implementation and about 3 months later took the Administration class (that's how the 5.3 classes were split at that time) when I got started in TSM. Both instructors were EXCELLENT and were TSM consultants as well, having a great deal of real-world experience to add to the class discussion. The classes were a great positive start for me.

The classes you're looking at will not be over your head. You already have some in roads into to TSM with the things you've described. I had much less, and still gained a ton from the classes and studying the class material, and writing all over the material during the discussions on the topics.

Thanks everyone for the help. I'm taking training and first certification testing in October.

Hi Harry,
The mentioned link is not accessible now. Can you please point me to correct link.
Thanks,
Rangasesh.

Back