• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Help to create daily reports for backups of the last 24h

tpesselier

ADSM.ORG Member
Hi

I am looking for help to create daily reports for backups of the last 24h, one report by domain with OC 7.1.8

(domaine,nodename,status,schedname,errorcode,level(incr/img),size,numberfile,numbernotbackupedfile,numberscannedfile,startedhour,finishhour,duration,idlewait,mediawaittime,total reductionratio)

Really not easy

tpesselier

ADSM.ORG Member
I had the chance to talk WITH tsm developer and here is a query that works well.
The ideal is to sort the failed from above and it would be even better.
IBM may integrate it into the OC template

select domain_name as "Domain",
entity "Client",
(case when successful='YES' then 'success' else 'failed' end) as "Status",
coalesce(schedule_name, '-') as "Schedule",
coalesce(bytes_written, bytes, 0) as "Size",
affected as "Files",
failed as "Files Not Backed Up",
examined as "Files Scanned",
start_time as "Started",
end_time as "Finished",
timestampdiff(8, end_time-start_time) || ' hours ' || mod(timestampdiff(4, end_time-start_time), 60) || ' minutes' as "Duration (hour)",
(case when bytes_protected > 0 then floor(((coalesce(bytes_protected, 0)*1.0 - coalesce(bytes_written, 0))/bytes_protected)*100.0) else 0 end ) as "Total Reduction Ratio"
from summary_extended inner join nodes on entity=node_name
where activity='BACKUP' and activity_type='SESSION_END' and end_TIME>=(current_timestamp - 24 hours) and domain_name='domain_test'

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
That's a good query. Personally though, I don't care about successful backup, there's no action that needs to be taken with them. I'd filter it with SUCCESSFUL='NO' only because those are the ones that need to be addressed. But that's just a personal preference.

tpesselier

ADSM.ORG Member
Hey maclan i think the same but my users want to see everything in their domain :)

I also proposed the idea of doing the same thing with TDP4VE but using the VMTAG to identify the owner of the vm because you can not identify a vm with a nodename and a domains ,i'm waiting for the answer

after I agree it's easier to highlight the failed especially if you have 1200 vm like me, but at home every owner wants to have the vision of these machines in their domain

I find that IBM is not consistent between its vision of detached domain administration and the way it is supervising

tmaria

ADSM.ORG Member
I had the chance to talk WITH tsm developer and here is a query that works well.

entity "Client",
affected as "Files",
start_time as "Started",
end_time as "Finished",
timestampdiff(8, end_time-start_time) || ' hours ' || mod(timestampdiff(4, end_time-start_time), 60) || ' minutes' as "Duration (hour)",
(case when bytes_protected > 0 then floor(((coalesce(bytes_protected, 0)*1.0 - coalesce(bytes_written, 0))/bytes_protected)*100.0) else 0 end ) as "Total Reduction Ratio"
where activity='BACKUP' and activity_type='SESSION_END' and end_TIME>=(current_timestamp - 24 hours) and domain_name='domain_test'
I ran this query and almost is what I wanted. I would like to have the size as it is reported in the dsmschedule.log file, next to the "Total number of bytes transferred:" . If it is MB to be displayed as MB if it is GB then as GB. How can this be done?

rpandey

ADSM.ORG Member

entity "Client",
affected as "Files",
start_time as "Started",
end_time as "Finished",
I can't make your command working tpesselier. I am getting

Output of command redirected to file '0'
ANS8001I Return code 3

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 10.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rocaflqu