Help I have confused TSM 4.1.3(and myself) mov drmedia question

JPFOLAN

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a vault tape which the reclamation process was requesting to move files. Because the tape was flagged as in the vault as indeed it was the reclamation process failed as the tape was not avaiable. Therefore the tape would not go into vault retrieve. :confused:

I hit upon the brilliant idea :grin: of checking the tape in as a private tape and running reclamation to sort this out. Unfortunately I completely over looked the fact that the tape was under DRM control and q drm shows it's status as vault still.

The move drm command does not appear to offer an option to move the state from vault to state mountable if this is even sensible.

The bottom line is I need to get the reclamation process to run on this tape and get it's status sorted out. Can anyone help?

Reclamation of COPYPOOL tapes reads the relevant PRIMARY pool tapes, NOT the actual COPYPOOL tapes which should logically be offsite anyway and therefore not available - TSM KNOWS THIS! I don't understand why your reclamation process wants the offsite tape.

By the way, you would use the 'UPDATE VOLUME' command to change the LOCATION if you wanted to check in a private volume - I've had to do this when I've had a problem reading a PRIMARY pool volume and have needed to RESTORE it using the offsite copy. See the TSM Administrators' Reference Guide for the full syntax.

Have fun!!!!!

I agree. I don't know why it was looking for the offsite tape. It was clearly identified as a copy pool tape and in the vault. I will need to dig deeper for the answer to this one. I also came to the update volume command eventually and accept my initial action was in error. It does all seem to be sorted now....another lesson learned. I think I'm still having fun ;)

Back