1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Granting a Win2k node access using User Access List ....

Discussion in 'Backup / Archive Discussion' started by Gagome, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Gagome

Gagome New Member

I have TSM backup client 5.2 installed on Linux (RH9). I want to grant a win2k node access to all files from this node. To do this I opened the GUI and select "Utilities" and "User Access List ....". Then I added the name of the Windows node and "*" for User , "/*" for Directory and "*" for Filename.

Now when I open the TSM GUI client on the windows node and select "Access another user" and enter the name of the Linux node I can see the root directories but no files.

What can be wrong? Is it not possible to access the data a Linux TSM client has backed up from a Windows node? Or what do I have to enter for User, Directory and Filename?

Regards,

Gagome

3. AndyRH

AndyRH Senior Member

It is in the manual. To access data from another node the OSes have to be same.

Andy