Grant proxnode question?

ldmwndletsm

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
I think this should be a quick and easy question for someone to answer/corroborate.

I need to recover data from node A to node B. Based on the following IBM document:

there are three ways to do this. If I chose the "grant proxynode target=nodeA agent=nodeB" option, and I'm ONLY recovering data from the target node, NOT backing up data for the target node, then all data backed up on the agent node will still be stored under the agent node's name, correct? I mean, that's what I would assume.

The IBM document:

says at the top, second paragraph, last sentence:

" Data that the agent node stores on behalf of the target node is stored under the target node's name in server storage. "

When I first read that I thought it was referring to data backed up on the agent node by the agent node, which would be bad as that would now appear under the target node's name, which I wouldn't want, BUT they're instead saying that any data that the agent backs up that's on the target node will be stored under the target node's name just as if the target node had backed it up. Meanwhile, any data on the agent that get's backed up will still be under the agent's node name, as normal. That's correct, right?

Hi,

If you modify your config in dsm.sys/opt on NodeB to include

asnodename NodeA

Then all backups will be stored on NodeA

I would add a new dsm.opt/sys (recovcer.opt) for this purpose, that has 'asnodename' as a parameter in it.

Then, you can type

dsmc -optfile=recover.opt

Or, no change in your config, just type

dsmc -asnodename=NodeA

Good luck,

Back