GPFS-driven HSM migration: how esclude some directories from pre-migration backup?

tivolimistery

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Dear Users,

I would like to know if anyone of us could help me to solve a problem related to GPFS-driven HSM migration.
From a lot of years, we use GPFS-drive migration in order to save on tapes a great number of data.
Each time HSM migration starts, it does the following:

1) GPFS reads hsm_policy file content /var/mmfs/etc/hsm_policy;
2) in hsm_policy file there is a reference to /var/mmfs/etc/mmpolicyExec-hsm (as you can see below):

RULE EXTERNAL POOL 'hsm' EXEC '/var/mmfs/etc/mmpolicyExec-hsm' OPTS '-v'
RULE 'exclude hsm system files' EXCLUDE WHERE PATH_NAME LIKE '%/.SpaceMan%'
RULE 'exclude shared directory' EXCLUDE WHERE PATH_NAME LIKE '%/shared%'
RULE 'exclude bad users dir' EXCLUDE WHERE exclude_list

RULE 'hsmdata' MIGRATE FROM POOL 'system' THRESHOLD(85,83,80) WEIGHT(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP - ACCESS_TIME) TO POOL 'hsm' WHERE ( ( FILE_SIZE >= 943718400 ) AND ( FILE_SIZE <= 322122547200 ) AND (NAME LIKE '%.gz' OR NAME LIKE '%.tar' OR NAME LIKE '%.bz' OR NAME LIKE '%.zip' OR NAME LIKE '%.7z' OR NAME LIKE '%.taz' OR NAME LIKE '%.tbz' OR NAME LIKE '%.tgz' OR NAME LIKE '%.tz' OR NAME LIKE '%.z') )

RULE 'Default' SET POOL 'system'

3) /var/mmfs/etc/mmpolicyExec-hsm does a backup of gpfs filelists before migrate them.

N.B.: 2 storage pool have been defined: BCK pool to save the backed-up files and HSM pool to save migrated files;

Now, if it's possible, I would like to preserve current policy configuration and add a new rule (to hsm_policy file) in order to:

- backup and migrate all directories and files resident on the HSM managed file system excluding some specified directories (i.e. directories A, B and C);
- migrate the A, B and C directories (and files) resident on the HSM managed file system without backup them.

Do you think there is a way to do it?

Thank you in advance,
Mauro

Sorry,

I forgot to specify that my TSM server version is the v. 5.5.
HSM client version is 5.5 also.

Thank you.
Mauro

Back