1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Getting a ANR4976W when backing up my DB?

Discussion in 'TSM Database' started by Stephan, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Stephan

Stephan Senior Member

Storage / System Administrator (UNIX)
    ANR4976W The device class S2S_DEVCLASS_DBBACKUPREMOTE is not the same as device class S2S_DEVCLASS_DBBACKUP defined for the serverbackup node $$_TSMDBMGR_$$

I am getting this warning when backing up my TSM DB. My devclass was S2S_DEVCLASS_DBBACKUP but i ended creating a new one (since we can't rename a devclass) that made more sense as far as naming conventions. Now, the backup still runs, but i keep getting this warning.

How can i get rid of it? Any thoughts?

Thanks.

3. moon-buddy

moon-buddy Moderator

Electronics Engineer, Security Professional
    Have you deleted the old DEV CLASS and re-pointed to the NEW one? Removed traces of the old DEV CLASS?

Last edited: Sep 16, 2010
  4. TonyB

TonyB Senior Member

You use "set dbrecovery" to assign the devclass for automatic backups. You get the warning on any dbbackup command which doesn't specify the class defined as the "dbrecovery" class. For me thats at least once per day on every instance (i.e. an onsite to "dbrecovery" and an offsite to something else).

Spurious and a bit annoying :/

5. Stephan

Stephan Senior Member

Ed: Yes, i've removed my original devclass and replaced it with a new one...If i could have just renamed it, i would have but that option is not available.

Tony: So you think that if i just reset the dbrecovery, that would do the trick?

6. TonyB

TonyB Senior Member

That'd probably fix some of the problem... if you're anything like me you'll be running 2x dbbackups per day, one to a local tape pool and one to a remote...if they're in different dev classes (as they are here) then you'll still see the warning on one of the backups.

7. Stephan

Stephan Senior Member

Well let's see then... :)

if just issued a "Set dbrecovery S2S_DEVCLASS_DBBACKUPREMOTE" on my server without any issues...
    Let's see how the next backup goes...

Thanks.

8. Stephan

Stephan Senior Member

Update...

resetting through the set dbrecovery command indeed got rid of my "warning"...Thanks.