Get-ExchangeServer is not recognized

dicom

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi.

I have a Exchange 2010 server and I've installed the TSM Client, v6.3 aswell as the Exchange client, version 6.1.3.0. It's configured and I have contact with the TSM-server.
However, when I try to expand the Exchange server I get the following error:
The term 'Get-ExchangeServer' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file or operable program.
Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

I can run Get-ExchangeServer from a PowerShell CLI. I've made sure that the Microsoft.Exchange.Management.PowerShell.E2010 snapin is loaded.

Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

I've seen that there is a new version of the Exchange client on IBM's ftp. Version 6.3.0.1. But I can't get it to work either.

Thanks
Tomas

Hi

Did you find a resolution to this? I have a similar problem.

Thanks

Hey. It's partly solved.

This is what I've been told:
"First we had to turn on Circular logging so that the disk wouldn't fill upp.
Once we tried to dismount and remount one of the databases, it failed.
A backup process had crashed so we restarted the server, then it worked to run a manual backup"

Try this aswell: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21403456
See if you can create a VSS backup.

However, everything isn't solved just yet. They havn't disabled CL on their databases so incremental backup won't work.
I have tried to contact them and awaiting answer.

Hi
Thanks for the quick response.
Adding Admin AD Account to the Organization Management Group resolved my problem.
According to the TSM Guide it is a requirement.
Full Backup went through successfully and truncated the Logs.

Ash

A solution to "Get-ExchangeServer is not recognized" when starting TDP Exchange

Sorry to bump an old thread but I encountered this this morning while configuring one of our exchange 2010 servers.

Since I did not find a definitive solution in this thread I though I'd give my 2 pennies solution.

In my case this came from my Active Directory user account lacking Exchange privileges.

You need administrative privileges to logon to exchange and especially when performing backups.
I have added my user account to the following two groups in AD:
- Organization Management
- Public Folder Management

And the error message disappeared.

Environment:
Exchange version: Exchange server 2010, Version: 14.02.0318.004
TSM API Version: 6.3.0.19
TSM TDP Exchange Version: 6.3.0.3

Quick Edit:
Adding your AD Admin will work however it is a securityrisk as you might want to separate your AD admins and your exchange admins :)

Cheers,
Orpheas

Back