format/erase cartridges possible?

xefil

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi to all!

I've installed a new TSM 5.3 Server and moved my IBM3582 (2 drives) Library from old 5.2 Server to the new. I've also installed the Library too, cleaned the two drives and a "CHECKIN LIBVOL" to check the existing cartridges into the Library. I would erase and check all the Tape Volumes into the Library

Is there a way to check/format/erase all the cartridges to make sure thery are usable and not defected?

Thank's in advice!

Simon

why did you checked in the tapes? you said that you installled a brand new server... you should do a "label libv" !!

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>why did you checked in the tapes? you said that you installled a brand new server... you should do a "label libv" !!</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know the difference between the two commands, sorry :sad:

I asked myself only If there is a way via TSM to check if the cartridges are in a working state, like a checkdisk. There are NOT new :)

Simon

sorry,

there is, in TSM, a command "Audit vol" wich can check theintegrity of the data residing on the tape

but,

there is no TSM way to check the Hard status,

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>sorry,

there is, in TSM, a command "Audit vol" wich can check theintegrity of the data residing on the tape

but,

there is no TSM way to check the Hard status,

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank's for the answer! ;)

Also I'llstart to use these cartridges and hope all goes well :)

Byebye, Simon

Back