1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

format/erase cartridges possible?

Discussion in 'Tape / Media Library' started by xefil, Jan 10, 2007.

1. xefil

xefil New Member

Hi to all!

I've installed a new TSM 5.3 Server and moved my IBM3582 (2 drives) Library from old 5.2 Server to the new. I've also installed the Library too, cleaned the two drives and a "CHECKIN LIBVOL" to check the existing cartridges into the Library. I would erase and check all the Tape Volumes into the Library

Is there a way to check/format/erase all the cartridges to make sure thery are usable and not defected?

Thank's in advice!

Simon

3. may

may Senior Member

why did you checked in the tapes? you said that you installled a brand new server... you should do a "label libv" !!

4. xefil

xefil New Member

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>why did you checked in the tapes? you said that you installled a brand new server... you should do a "label libv" !!</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know the difference between the two commands, sorry :sad:

I asked myself only If there is a way via TSM to check if the cartridges are in a working state, like a checkdisk. There are NOT new :)

Simon

5. may

may Senior Member

sorry,

there is, in TSM, a command "Audit vol" wich can check theintegrity of the data residing on the tape

but,

there is no TSM way to check the Hard status,

6. xefil

xefil New Member

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>sorry,

there is, in TSM, a command "Audit vol" wich can check theintegrity of the data residing on the tape

but,

there is no TSM way to check the Hard status,

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank's for the answer! ;)

Also I'llstart to use these cartridges and hope all goes well :)

Byebye, Simon