finding migrated files that span tapes

kevtrout

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We run TSM on AIX and we use the space management client as well.

Is there a query to run that will tell me the migrated files that are migrated to more than one tape (filled the first tape and spilled over to a second)?

Thanks!

Not sure what you try to achieve, but a select from the contents table narrowed to the segmented entries (segment other than '1/1') should find spanning aggregates and within these you could search for the spanning files (files which are on more than one volume but within the same aggregate). Large files won't be aggregated anyway. Just out of curiosity... why do you need that information?

Cheers,

PJ

We are testing a new version of TSM migration client. One of the tests on the script is to recall a file that spans tapes.

Can you provide me the SQL query code?

Thanks,

K

Depending on the amount and size of the data you are going to be managing with HSM, the likelihood of having a file span tapes is going to be small. The smaller the filesize, the less likely it will span a tape. I can understand the need to test for certain things, but I would call into question the need to test for a spanned file. TSM handles tape spanning all the time (again, depending on file size)

-Aaron

Back