Find the answer win a prize

PREDATAR Control23

Did you start the new nodes with a new node registration? Did you rename the old node to protect its filespaces?

I would register a new node on the TSM server. Call it anything you want as the node name doesn't mean anything. Example: FILE1B

Then update the options files on the client to reflect the new node name FILE1B.

It would also be helpful if you posted the exact error messages you are receiving.

PREDATAR Control23

Found the reg key making my life hell, while on hold with TSM support.

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\services\TSM Client Acceptor\Parameters

It still had the old node referenced. The dsm.opt file had the correct name, the registry was cleaned (as moon-buddy noted), but the scheduler has a reference that obviously was not changed in the registry, even with a reinstall of client. I suspect an uninstal>>reboot>>reinstall might have cleared this reg key, but I am 99% sure I already tried this. At this point, who knows.

Either way, problem solved. Taking myself out to lunch now.

PREDATAR Control23

Congrats. I'm betting you didn't manually remove the services as that would have cleared that reg key. If not it would have populated wrong when using the wizard to recreate them.

^ I agree. Normally I stop all TSM servcies and use SC DELETE "SERVICE NAME HERE" or what ever approach you like to remove the TSM services. Then I use the wiz to create a new set of services. You'll need to update the password on the TSM server prior to configuring the services. UPD NODE SERVER1 PASSWORD.

PREDATAR Control23

Yes I did manually remove them.

I used the command line to do so, then verified that the services did not exist. This is the entire reason why I am totally baffled by this. I didn't reboot at that point, but shouldn't have to.

PREDATAR Control23

I'll take a stab. When you look at the scheduler service by doing the following:
Launch GUI
Run setup wizard
Help configure client scheduler
select update existing schedule
Check to see if the name is correct for the server and if not change it and all should be good.

Had this same issue and that was the fix on a renamed node.