• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Finally an Active Data Report

chad_small

ADSM.ORG Moderator
So me an a coworker have been hounding IBM for a way to generate an active data report for management. For various reasons they want to be able to see how much data a server would require for rebuild/restore and also to guage any growth. So IBM created a perl script that when analyzed issues the following SQL select:

(I've added continuation dashes to make the select more readable)

select -
(sum(bk.bfsize )/1048576) as active_data_size_mega_byte, -
count(bk.bfsize ) as number_of_objects -
from -
backups b, backup_objects bk -
where -
b.state='ACTIVE_VERSION' -
and -
b.object_id=bk.objid -
and -
b.filespace_id in -
( select f.filespace_id -
from filespaces f -
where -
b.node_name=f.node_name -
and -
f.filespace_id=b.filespace_id -
and -
f.filespace_type not like 'API:%' -
and -
f.filespace_type not like 'TDP%' -
) -
and -
b.node_name in -
( select node_name -
from nodes -
where repl_mode not in('RECEIVE','SYNCRECEIVE') -
)

You will notice, however, that the select excludes node replicas and any API or TDP data. This is purely for file system backups. Supposedly they have something for TDP/API backups but I have not worked with it yet. I will post it as soon as I have a chance to review it and make it readable.

NOTE: This command can take a somewhat considerable amount of time to run. I have seen it take upwards of 10+ minutes to complete when run during our non-backup window times. Be patient!

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 52 62.7%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 8.4%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seun