Filespace re-creates ?!

Sharon-Iscar

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello ,
My goal is to delete a node , so im trying to delete the filespaces associated to that node and i do delete them.
But ....
After 2 second they Re appear .
Is there something i'm missing ?

PREDATAR Control23

Delete filespace kicks off a process. The filespace is not gone until the process completes successfully.

And if that node starts a new backup or archive right after the delete, it will recreate it.

PREDATAR Control23

To avoid the re-creation, lock the node or disassociate it with a backup schedule before deleting the filespace.

The lock node or disassociate it with a backup schedule prevents the node to backup.

PREDATAR Control23

Delete filespace kicks off a process. The filespace is not gone until the process completes successfully.

And if that node starts a new backup or archive right after the delete, it will recreate it.

True , the process completes , and the the filespace re-appear , 2 seconds later , with a backup being launched.

PREDATAR Control23

To avoid the re-creation, lock the node or disassociate it with a backup schedule before deleting the filespace.

The lock node or disassociate it with a backup schedule prevents the node to backup.
Hi
I tried to delete association first and the delete filespace , still , it re-appears

PREDATAR Control23

I'm attaching screenshots , maybe i'm doing something wrong ?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-02-08 070652.png
    Screenshot 2021-02-08 070652.png
    933.2 KB · Views: 1
PREDATAR Control23

Should run the expiration after the delete filespace. Don't run both at the same time to avoid lock conflicts. It might be part of the reason you are seeing what you are seeing.

So run your 3 deletes first. Once you see the process finished for all 3, then do an expire inventory just for that node: EXPIRE INVENTORY NODE={node_name}

PREDATAR Control23

Hi ,
i did what you suggested , will , same Result.
Another example :
1612789462608.png

PREDATAR Control23

Check the activity lot to make sure the delete processes completed successfully.

And did you try running the expiration for that node, assuming the delete processes completed successfully.

PREDATAR Control23

from actlog :
ANR0210W DELETE FILESPACE PC-8732A\SystemState\NULL\System State\SystemState for node WIN_KNOWLEDGE-BASE contains objects belonging to a retention set and cannot be deleted.

is there anything else i can do ?

PREDATAR Control23

from actlog :
ANR0210W DELETE FILESPACE PC-8732A\SystemState\NULL\System State\SystemState for node WIN_KNOWLEDGE-BASE contains objects belonging to a retention set and cannot be deleted.

is there anything else i can do ?
Update to 8.1.11, this is the first version with single node deletion from retention sets. As long as node still have files in a retention set, it can't be removed.