Filespace delete - has anyone seen this before?

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
I am running filespace delete on a ISP server (version 6.3.5.1 on Redhat 5.4) that is earmarked for decommissioning.

I have never seen this before and wondering if anyone has an explanation. Why a negative number of filespace being deleted?

Code:
Process      Process Description      Process Status
  Number
--------     --------------------     -------------------------------------------------
     382     DELETE FILESPACE         Deleting file space * (backup/archive data) for
                                      node NODE21P: -1923590856 objects deleted.

I've never seen that. Is it on a deduplicated storage pool by any chance? Not that it would make it normal.

I didn't find any APARs or technotes similar to that either. I would have suggested to check the occupancy, but it's going to be a moot point once the filespace is deleted.

Filespace is stored on Data Domain and the deduplication is native Data Domain and not TSM.

The other odd thing is that the count is approaching zero - started at -1,923,590,856 when I first posted and now at -1,763,388,360. Yesterday, the number was positive, and increasing in value.

Last edited:
Really weird.

Does the q occ look weird as well for that node? You could use repair occupancy, but I think you'd need to cancel the delete filespace process.

Really weird.

Does the q occ look weird as well for that node? You could use repair occupancy, but I think you'd need to cancel the delete filespace process.

Nope - everything is normal:

Code:
tsm: TSMP1700>q occ node21p

Node Name      Type     Filespace      FSID     Storage         Number of        Physical         Logical
                        Name                    Pool Name            Files          Space           Space
                                                                                 Occupied        Occupied
                                                                                      (MB)            (MB)
----------     ----     ----------     ----     ----------     -----------     -----------     -----------
NODE21P      Bkup     NODE21P-          1     WINTEL           2,331,533       26,831.92       26,736.65
                         \SystemS-
                         tate\NUL-
                         L\System
                         State\Sy-
                         stemState
NODE21P      Bkup     \\node21p-        2     WINTEL              31,214       36,074.44       35,375.81
                         \c$
NODE21P      Bkup     \\node21p-        4     WINTEL                  16            0.02            0.01
                         \d$
NODE21P      Bkup     \\node21p-        3     WINTEL                   1            0.00            0.00
                         \p$

Back