file system backup scrip

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hi guys,

I want to backup below filesystesm on disk using spectrum protect and now iam taking backup using gui it there any way to make it scrip base backup ?

1523430363112.png

No need to script. You have two options to specify which filesystems to backup in the option file:

Include all filesystems and exclude those you don't want:
domain all-local -/home -/etc

Or just include those you want:
domain /fs1 /fs2 /fs3

You can also do it on multiple lines for readability:
domain /fs1
domain /fs2
domain /fs3

To do the backup, just do:
dsmc inc
This will backup all the filesystems specified by the domain option.

Hi,
Thank you for reply,

what i under stand from your reply is that i need to add below statement on dsm.opt

Domain /oracle
Domain /oracle/ENC/121
Domain /oracle/ENC/mirrlogA
Domain /oracle/ENC/mirrlogB
Domain /oracle/ENC/origlogA
Domain /oracle/ENC/origlogB
Domain /oracle/ENC/oraarch
Domain /oracle/ENC/sapdata1
Domain /oracle/ENC/sapdata2
Domain /oracle/ENC/sapdata3
Domain /oracle/ENC/sapdata4
Domain /sapmnt/ENC
Domain /usr/sap/ENC
Domain /usr/sap/trans

or

Domain /oracle /oracle/ENC/121 /oracle/ENC/mirrlogA /oracle/ENC/mirrlogB /oracle/ENC/origlogA /oracle/ENC/origlogB /oracle/ENC/oraarch /oracle/ENC/sapdata1 /oracle/ENC/sapdata2 /oracle/ENC/sapdata3 /oracle/ENC/sapdata4 /sapmnt/ENC /usr/sap/ENC /usr/sap/trans

and now my second question if want to take full or incre backup using schedule should i need to define same on tsm server ?

You just need to schedule an incremental or selective backup, no objects or options specified necessary since you have it in the option file.

so then below is ok for define

define schedule BKP2DISK Daily_incr_FS type=client description="Daily backup incr" action=incremental startdate=today starttime=23:00:00 dayofweek=any priority=1 durunits=hours duration=3

and the assign the schedule to node right

so it will take incr backup which is mention on dsm.opt file right

hi marclant,

i have one question what ever i have configured above as offline backup but how to take online backup because we dont want to stop our applications on pord server. rest server we can do offline

when purchase spectrum Protect end user only ask for filesystem backup they dont want ERP TDP that is why iam configure only file system backup we have 4 server
1.dev - offline backup
2.qas - offline backup
3.proa & prodb are in cluster server i want to take online backup here - 6 file system proda and 3 from prodb

somewere i read about image.lmage like(domain.image /f1 /f2 ) what is this wait i think i have that link check this out

ok will try to check same and one more thing is there simple way to use lanfree to disk ?
normally i used storageagent for tape dir2tap can we use that same agent to take backup on disk ?

Back