File restores

PingPong

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,

I administer a small Tivoli environment (5.3.1.3). I have full control of the system, but have noticed when checking through the activity logs that there are files being restored from various nodes that is not being completed by myself. Is there a way to audit these events through Tivoli? Another question is it possible to view/audit which files are actually being restored? I can tell that a specific number of files (i.e. 20) are being restored, but it gives no physical names to these files which would help track down what is going on.

Thanx

PingPong

You should be able to query the activity log for any client restores. Just look for the ANS/ANR number that is listed with the message and then search for that ANS/ANR.

You should see which client is restoring the files in the server activity log. Go to that client and view the schedule log (to see if its a scheduled restore), the webclient log (to see if someone is manually restoring the files via the webclient) and the system event log. I would also check with the application owner/server admin of the client node.

Good luck,

-Aaron

Check for Restores within i.e. the last 2 days by running:

select * from summary where activity='RESTORE' and start_time>current_timestamp-(2)days

Unless the Client writes session logs, there's no quick way to find out exactly which files have been restored. Sad but true.

Peter

Hi,

do you have option REPORTRETRIEVE YES in your TSM server option file?

Hope it helps.

Back