File-Level restore

Rigido

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi,
after a long time customer come back and asked me to test NetApp and HNAS NDMP backup.
I had to fight with browsers versions, java, SSL and last, but not least, TSM client version as WEB agent is temporally unsupported from version 7.1.8 onward, so I had to install client 7.1.6.5 on AIX (don't forget the .nas package :p).
Now everything is configured and I'm able to "BACKUP NODE" both NetApp and Hitachi, the problem is that it looks like I can't do a File-Level restore, web client just shows "Image" backups.
I configured two stgpools, one for data on VTL and one on disk for TOC and I tried FULL backups (with TOC=YES) and DIFFERENTIAL backups (with TOC=YES)...what am I missing?

Thanks.

Hi Ches,
I didn't see that "The Web client must be on a Windows system", will try that.

I can restore form dsmadmc and a Q NASBACKUP shows TOC are created.

Thanks

Hi all,
maybe someone will find useful to know that Ches was right, you MUST use a windows client (actually I tried with 7.1.6.5) to do a file-level restore from a NAS backup.

Ciao.

We use command line for restores, but this requires you know the full path name of the file. So you might have to do a "Q TOC" before doing RESTORE NODE.

that's why I used client 7.1.6.5
It's the server that must remain <7.1.8 or <8.1.2.

Beginning with IBM Spectrum Protect™ Version 8.1.2, you can no longer use the web client to connect to the IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.2 or later server or the V7.1.8 or later V7 server.

However, you can still use the web client to connect to IBM Spectrum Protect V8.1.1, V8.1.0, or V7.1.7 or earlier servers.
source: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEQVQ_8.1.2/client/c_bac_webclient_deprecate.html

Back