Fatal Errors in Linux client backup

Hiten

Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

I am facing issue with TSM client installed on REHL client as TSM backup schedule showing missed daily. When we checked dsmerror.log file found below fatal error.

ANS0361I DIAG: main thread, fatal error, signal 11

I restarted dsmcad service but still found same issue. We have TSM server 6.3.4 and even after changing dsm.sys parameters of schedule still backup getting missed.

PREDATAR Control23

Which version ist the client?
The lates version of version 6 is 6.3.6 and has no support since 2017. Why don't you update to a actual version?

PREDATAR Control23

I think Sig 11 is general segfault. What version of the client are you running? If not the latest for that release, see if you an go to the latest fixpack. I have a few older boxes that require 6.x clients. Updating to the very last release for that branch on the client side really helped.

Other items to check, any stale mounts?

Anything else in the client log that could be helpful?

PREDATAR Control23

I am now trying to make some script or batch file so that when we execute manual backup session will not get terminated when goes for idle. Any guess how can i make it?

PREDATAR Control23

It doesn’t matter if an idle session gets terminated, the client will start a new one if/when needed.

Might be something else going on, what’s the client error(s) that the backup fails with?