Fastback fixpacks?

GregE

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

We just had FB added to our Passport site, but the version there is 6.1.2.0. IBM Fix Central has 6.1.5.0, but says "applies to 6.1.4.0." Do I have to incrementally upgrade from 6.1.2.0 or will the 6.1.5.0 fix apply directly to it, though it doesn't say so?

Not sure why I don't have full version 6.1.5.0 on my Passport page.

##
## Update: The readme file says 6.1.5.0 can be used as an upgrade, or a new install.

Last edited:
PREDATAR Control23

I recently built out three FB servers for a client...in talking with IBM support, all the ".0" versions you download from Fix Central are full versions.

They also strongly suggested applying fixes as they come out for the foreseeable future as they are doing a lot of bug fix work -- contrary to what we often in do in TSM-land, waiting a bit to see if anyone gets bit by a patch.

You definitely want to get to at least 6.1.5.2 out of the gate if you plan to do local, repository de-dup as there was a significant issue with prior versions of 6.1 around data corruption in dedup'd pools.

PREDATAR Control23

Where is 6.1.5.2 fixpack? Actually where are all FB fixpacks?

PREDATAR Control23

Buried in that gem of a tool...Fix Central.

I searched for patches for (I believe) 6.1.4 and found the 6.1.5.2 patch...

Remember -- at least from what I've experienced -- you see more results from a search in Fix Central when you are logged in with an IBM customer account.