Fastback 6.1.5...full download question

zatogo

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Fastback 6.1.5...full download question...Issue Resolved

In talking to IBM Support...you can download 6.1.3 (where support for 2008r2 is introduced) from IBM Fix Central...and it will be a fully functional/licensed version. You do need appropriate log in credentials to get to the software.

I did this...and upgraded to 6.1.5...and it all appears to work fine.

=======================================================================================

My previous post...

Coming from the TSM side of the world, Fastback software downloads are a bit confusing to me.

I see that with recent releases of Fastback patches/maintenance you can now run the Fastback server on Windows 2008 r2, 64 bit.

As an IBM partner, I can go to Partnerworld where the most current version for download I can find is 6.1.0.0. I can then go to IBM Fix central where I can download patches -- such as 6.1.5.

From what I can tell...6.1.5 download at fix central is not a full version and is meant to be installed over a full/licensed release. So how would I do this? If I can't install the base 6.1.0.0 on a 2008r2 64 bit box, how do I get a base code install that I then can install 6.1.5 on top of?

Can someone enlighten me?

Last edited:
Back