Fast back client installation error

mjnabavi

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
hi I install Fastback Server 6.1.4 On Windows Server 2008 X64 and Install Fast back on windows client but installing Fastback client in suse linux appear error:
Fatal error
the istallation of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack is finished but some fatal error occurred during the install . please see the installation log for detailes

fastback-clienterror.JPG

Istallation Log is:
Installation: Cancelledduring post-install. 34 Successes 1 Warnings 0 NonFatalErrors 2 FatalErrors

Fatal error 1 is:
Deployement Plan execution general failure: Status: FATAL ERROR Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - The Deployement Plan Execution failed.

Fatal error 2 is:
Custom Action: com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.plugin.COIProcessPlan Status: FATAL ERROR Additional Notes: FATAL ERROR - class com.ibm.ac.coi.ext.ia.plugin.COIProcessPlan FatalInstallException: The Deployment Plan Execution Failed.

Warnings is:
Create Link: /root/Desktop/TSM_FastBack_Documentation Status: WARNING Additional Notes: WARNING - Shortcut has no target: ignoring

Last edited:
I neede know I can Linux fast back client connect to windows Fasback Server?

Hi mjnabavi

I think it's possible to have TSM fastback Linux connect to TSM Server on windows (don't forget to register the node with his pass on the TSM server before install on linux (the name of the node was the same of the linux machine))

Maybe i'am wrong but i don't think so.

Back