Falconstor question

dhcolesj

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PREDATAR Control23

I don't have any IPstor based products, or a VTL, but I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with FalconStor's products?

I'm beginning to research VTL for various reasons, all of which have been mentioned in previous threads. My goal is to find a solution that will work well with TSM. So, this is where I'm starting.

I've heard some here about Sepaton, and others. If you have had great experiences with replication, Deduplication, and DR setups with another product please mention it so I can look into it as well.

Right now I've looked at IBM's TS7510/20, Sun's (but they haven't responded) VTL, Falconstor, Exagrid, and Sepaton. (meaning I've done a basic once over of their datasheets).

PREDATAR Control23

Falconstor is the front end to EMC VTLs. And its emulation offers plenty of suitable libraries for TSM to use. But do not use the default emulation the library - TSM will have issues with it straight away.
Sepaton offers good product and support - Id go with them - tell them I sent ya - good referral for me :)

PREDATAR Control23

I was reading a previous thread where someone was having trouble getting TSM to recognize Sepaton had created new volumes. Not sure I got that problem right, but it was along those lines. Do they have all that fixed, or is that one of those, "They used the default emulation" issues?