Failed 12 (Corrupted File)

Lencounia

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hi,

We have an AIX client that failed because of a corrupted file (/u01/oemagent13/agent_inst/sysman/emd/upload/pending). i have added the file to exclusions but the backup is attempting it an it fails.
Our sys file looks as below

SErvername TSM_Server
COMMMethod TCPip
TCPPort 1500
TCPServerAddress <Client_IP_Address>
Nodename <Client_Name>
PasswordAccess generate
SchedMode prompted
ErrorLogRet 7
SchedLogRet 7
SchedLogName /var/log/tsm/hodsmsched.log
ErrorLogName /var/log/tsm/hodsmerror.log
Exclude.FS /
Exclude.FS /usr
Exclude.FS /usr/tivoli
Exclude.FS /usr/local/perfdata
Exclude.FS /var
Exclude.FS /tmp
Exclude.FS /home
Exclude.FS /proc
Exclude.FS /opt
exclude.dir /u01/oradata
exclude.dir /u01/app/oradata
exclude.dir /u01/app/oracle/oradata
exclude.dir /u02/oradata
exclude.dir /u02/app/oradata
exclude.dir /u02/app/oracle/oradata
exclude.dir /u03/oradata
exclude.dir /u03/app/oradata
exclude.dir /u03/app/oracle/oradata
exclude.dir /s01/oradata/BICCPROD
exclude.dir /u04/app/base/oradata
exclude.dir /u01/app/base/oradata
exclude /u01/oemagent13/agent_inst/sysman/emd/upload/pending *(The excluded corrupted file)

Kindly assist.

PREDATAR Control23

When we made the update in the dsm.sys file did we stop and restart the schedule daemon?
Any updates made in the dsm.sys file the schedule daemon need to be stop and restarted so that the new update will be read into memory.

Good Luck,
Sias

PREDATAR Control23

Hi Led888

I restarted the services and reran the backup. The backup still fails. Files still gets attempted to be backed up.

Client_Name:/home/TSMAdmin> ps -ef | grep dsm
root 7274984 1 0 15:32:08 - 0:00 /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64/dsmc sched -optfile=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin64/dsm.opt
Client_Name:/home/TSMAdmin>

Client_Name:/home/TSMAdmin> tail -7 /var/log/tsm/hodsmerror.log
10/07/20 15:32:08 ANS2820E An interrupt has occurred. The current operation will end and the client will shut down.
10/07/20 15:33:11 ANS1228E Sending of object '/u01/oemagent13/agent_inst/sysman/emd/upload/pending' failed.
10/07/20 15:33:11 ANS4046E There is an error processing '/u01/oemagent13/agent_inst/sysman/emd/upload/pending': the object is corrupted and unreadable.

10/07/20 15:33:14 ANS1802E Incremental backup of '/u01' finished with 1 failure(s)

PREDATAR Control23

The schedule daemon was started via root? Or did we sudo to root?

Are you able to start the Spectrum Protect (TSM) B/A Client GUI?
If you can start up the B/A Client GUI. select 'backup' and look at the path, /u01/oemagent13/agent_inst/sysman/emd/upload/pending , there should be an icon with a red circle with a line through it. If we do not see this icon, some reason the file is not being excluded.
Via the GUI, see if you are able to exclude the file.

If the file is corrupted and is unusable. Why can we not just delete the file rather exclude it from being backed up?

Good Luck,
Sias

PREDATAR Control23

Hi LED888,

I do not have root access, and my sudo is limited. I cannot run the GUI. I will ask the user if we can delete the file

Thank you.

Best regards