Reaction score
TSM 6.2 on AIX 6.1

I just noticed that the "q license" command returns the following:
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition in use : Yes
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition licensed : Yes
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition in use : Yes
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition licensed : Yes
Server License Compliance : Valid

But under Disaster Recovery Management in the TSM Web interface my TSM server is listed with a No under the Licensed for Extended Edition. This is a new server install and my first configuration of TSM. I'm a Windows administrator working with an AIX admin on this setup. So we have not gotten to the point to setup Disaster Recovery Management as of yet due to some basic testing being done currently. But I was wondering if that is going to be a problem when we are ready to start configuring Disaster Recovery Management?

Thank you for any help that you can give me on this issue.

TSM 6.2 on AIX 6.1

I just noticed that the "q license" command returns the following:
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition in use : Yes
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Basic Edition licensed : Yes
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition in use : Yes
Is Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition licensed : Yes
Server License Compliance : Valid

But under Disaster Recovery Management in the TSM Web interface my TSM server is listed with a No under the Licensed for Extended Edition. This is a new server install and my first configuration of TSM. I'm a Windows administrator working with an AIX admin on this setup. So we have not gotten to the point to setup Disaster Recovery Management as of yet due to some basic testing being done currently. But I was wondering if that is going to be a problem when we are ready to start configuring Disaster Recovery Management?

Thank you for any help that you can give me on this issue.

Have you registered the EE license properly? Was the install from the base CD? If the answer is all 'YES' then 'q license' on the TSM server is correct.

We believe we have registered the EE license correctly. I believe the AIX Admin downloaded and installed the TSM software but I'm not sure since I was not present when he did the install. But what changed was I double clicked on the server name listed in the Disaster Recovery Management web portal page to open up DR Management. Once this was done then I went back to the opening page of DR Management and the Licensed for Extended Edition was now listed as Yes. Thanks for your help.

Back