Export node hung on huge file - tape library TS3500 - tsm7.1.9

Tomasz

Newcomer
Reaction score
PREDATAR Control23

Hello guys,

about the environment:
1 Tape library with TSM tape manager installed 7.1.9 (I know its old..)
1 TSM server instance in 7.1.9
1 SP.8.1 server with Azure heavy Box as a storage mounted (visible as NFS on linux)

I run an "export node X_SQL type=arch toserver=serverX" which contains 53Tbi of data in total. It went all nice and dandy till it reached 47Tbi of data already pushed to the newer server. And it stopped... Stopped on a file which I assue is 3.5Tbi in size and on couple of different tapes. The tsm mounts first tape, "tries" to read it and then after like 5h, it mounts next tape with the same file but other part (if I am around and do a "q cont vol_from_export" it shows the same file with f.ex. segent 1/5, 3/5 etc). It goes for couple of more hours, a total export outcome does not change (files exported, total size etc).

1. It seems I can’t see one tape containing this file but I can't identify the name of it. Is there a select I can you to do so?
2. Is there a way to force the TSM to mount all the tapes at once, or any other way to force the export to move further?

I wouldn't want to cancel the export and the files can't be skipped as this is an arch sql log which might be needed during an audit...

Thanks for any help you can provide!