Export / Import clopset

kslztc

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

We are in a struggle, where we need to export the clopset from TSM1 (Shared Server) to a dedicated customer TSM server.
I havent been able to find an easy way to do this, since exporting it to a text file and importing it by defining a script dosent work...
Also i cant seem to find any commands, to achieve this, which i find very odd - this should be common?

The shared TSM server can not and will not, be able to communicate with the customers TSM server - so we have to export it to a script / .txt file (or similar).

Shared TSM server is running 7.1.7
Dedicated TSM server is running 8.1.1

Thanks in advance.

You can use the EXPORT SERVER command with FILEDATA=NONE. However, this will include:
  • policy sets
  • management classes
  • copy groups
  • schedules
  • administrators
  • optionset definitions
  • node definitions
You can't filter out just the option set. This would be good if you want to migrate all nodes and settings to a new server.

You could do it using configmanager and profiles, however that requires the two servers to talk to each other which the customer won't do.

This leaves you with one option, output the current client option set to a file and manually create them:
q cloptset > /tmp/cloptset.txt

Or, if you feel adventurous, you can create a couple of macros on the source server. Important to test this out in a non-prod environment first:

Create the two macros:
Code:
dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -dataonly=yes "select 'define cloptset ',optionset_name from cloptsets" > cloptset.mac

dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -dataonly=yes "select 'define clientopt ',optionset_name,option_name,option_value,'force=',force,'seqnumber=',seqnumber from clientopts" > clientopt.mac

The first macro (cloptset.mac) will not need editing.

The second macro (clientopt.mac) will.
- need to remove extra spaces, use find and replace in your text editor of choice to replace 2 spaces with 1 space, repeat until there are no more double spaces
- need to remove the space after the = with both force and seqnumber. Replace "= " with "=".

Then to run the macros:
Code:
dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -itemcommit macro cloptset.mac

dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -itemcommit macro clientopt.mac

Last edited:
Note: In case you read the above message earlier, I just edited it.

Thanks so much for your reply.
Ive managed to copy the cloptset, by using your guide and replacing spaces in the .txt files.

Back