• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

expire inventory automatic

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
hi guys,

i have set data retention policy for my client backup schedule now issue is data is till in tapes. should i need to create expire inventory for old and inactive data crossed 30day as per policy? if yes how to define automatic expire inventory on tsm server pls guide me.

http://prntscr.com/ccgizh

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
All you need is to create a daily admin schedule with the command "expire inventory". Run this schedule AFTER a FULL DB Backup, and copy to tape routines. In other words, the last step in your daily maintenance routine.

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
All you need is to create a daily admin schedule with the command "expire inventory". Run this schedule AFTER a FULL DB Backup, and copy to tape routines. In other words, the last step in your daily maintenance routine.
is this ok ?
define schedule Expire_Inv type=administrative cmd=”expire inventory” active=yes starttime=00:30

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
TSMSERVER> define schedule Expire_Inv type=administrative cmd=”expire inventory" active=yes startdate=today starttime=01:00:00 dayofweek=any
ANR2004E Missing value for keyword parameter - inventory".

getting error

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Tried it on TSM 6.3.5.1 and 7.1.5.2 systems, and no problem:
Code:
tsm: TSMTest>define schedule Expire_Inv type=administrative cmd=”expire inventory" active=yes startdate=today starttime=01:00:00 dayofweek=any

ANR2577I Schedule EXPIRE_INV defined.
Did you copy and paste from a source? Try typing the command.
What is your TSM server version? This may be a bug with your version.

Try removing the "dayofweek" switch as this is the default for classic scheduling.

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
Tried it on TSM 6.3.5.1 and 7.1.5.2 systems, and no problem:
Code:
tsm: TSMTest>define schedule Expire_Inv type=administrative cmd=”expire inventory" active=yes startdate=today starttime=01:00:00 dayofweek=any

Did you copy and paste from a source? Try typing the command.
What is your TSM server version? This may be a bug with your version.

Try removing the "dayofweek" switch as this is the default for classic scheduling.

i cut copy paste issue came after that i typed the comments and its work

TaSMania

ADSM.ORG Member
Sorry to continue on this thread.
I need same help.
I have 3 servers that supposed to run every sunday.
When I query actlog on them I got different command on two and one with nothing.

server 1:
03/19/2017 02:30:28 ANR2750I Starting scheduled command DAILY_INVENTORY_EXPIRATION ( expire inventory ). (SESSION: 37241)
03/19/2017 02:30:28 ANR2017I Administrator TSMMANAGER issued command: EXPIRE INVENTORY (SESSION: 37241)

server 2:
03/19/2017 02:00:01 ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: EXPIRE INVENTORY node=expiregrp type=all resource=8 (SESSION: 10322)

server 3: is missing the expiration schedule, how do I go about setting this one up? Use the DEFINE SCHEDULE command above?

I don't understand why server 1 and 2 are different.

moon-buddy

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Sorry to continue on this thread.
I need same help.
I have 3 servers that supposed to run every sunday.
When I query actlog on them I got different command on two and one with nothing.

server 1:
03/19/2017 02:30:28 ANR2750I Starting scheduled command DAILY_INVENTORY_EXPIRATION ( expire inventory ). (SESSION: 37241)
03/19/2017 02:30:28 ANR2017I Administrator TSMMANAGER issued command: EXPIRE INVENTORY (SESSION: 37241)

server 2:
03/19/2017 02:00:01 ANR2017I Administrator ADMIN issued command: EXPIRE INVENTORY node=expiregrp type=all resource=8 (SESSION: 10322)

server 3: is missing the expiration schedule, how do I go about setting this one up? Use the DEFINE SCHEDULE command above?

I don't understand why server 1 and 2 are different.

Use the define schedule to create the expire inventory. 1 and 2 are different since the account that created the admin schedule was different to begin with. I am guessing that you inherited the system. If I were you, I would deleted all the admin schedules and recreate them uniformly.

Last edited:

TaSMania

ADSM.ORG Member
You are correct. I inherited the responsibility for these two after he got canned.
Question was asked because it wasn't doing its inventory when the schedule is there. Found out it was not active.
I also agree on refining the schedule so that they match.
I guess answer I was looking for is Q SCH type=ADMIN f=d
Thanks for your help.

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
i cut copy paste issue came after that i typed the comments and its work
that command is not working in gui but same command working in cmd

Storage Management Server for Windows - Version 7, Release 1, Level 7.0

TSM:TSMSERVER>
define schedule Expire_Inv type=administrative cmd="expire inventory" active=yes startdate=today starttime=01:00:00 dayofweek=any
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: DEFINE SCHEDULE
Expire_Inv type=administrative cmd='expire inventory' active=yes startdate=to-
day starttime=01:00:00 dayofweek=any
ANR2017I Administrator SERVER_CONSOLE issued command: EXPIRE INVENTORY
TSM:TSMSERVER>
ANR2034E SELECT: No match found using this criteria.
ANR0405I Session 34 ended for administrator IBM-OC-TSMSERVER (DSMAPI).
ANR0405I Session 39 ended for administrator IBM-OC-TSMSERVER (DSMAPI).
ANR0407I Session 43 started for administrator IBM-OC-TSMSERVER (DSMAPI)
(Tcp/Ip TSMSERVER(52628)).
TSMSERVER> q schedule EXPIRE_INV type=administrative format=detailed

Schedule Name: EXPIRE_INV
Description:
Command: expire inventory
Priority: 5
Start Date/Time: 2017-09-01, 01:00:00
Duration: 1 Hour(s)
Maximum Run Time (Minutes): 0
Schedule Style: Classic
Period: 1 Day(s)
Day of Week: Any
Month:
Day of Month:
Week of Month:
Expiration:
Active?: Yes
Last Update by (administrator): SERVER_CONSOLE
Last Update Date/Time: 2017-09-01, 20:05:05
Managing profile:

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 4 10.8%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexp36