Excluding a folder in Domino server

nahmad

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi There

We have TDP for Domino 5.5.3.0 on Windows and want exclude F:\Restore but following syntax of the dsm.opt does not work:

INCLUDE *.nsf DISK3_35D
INCLUDE *.ntf DISK3_35D
INCLUDE *.ntf.DATA DISK3_35D
INCLUDE *.nsf.DATA DISK3_35D
INCLUDE S*.TXN DISK3_35D

EXCLUDE 'mail*.box'

EXCLUDE.DIR F:\Restore

Any quick help please

Thanks in advance

Nahmad

Hi,

EXCLUDE.DIR is a Baclient option, not valid with TDPD. See here: https://ibm.biz/BdRJEs

You should use this instead
Code:
EXCLUDE F:\Restore\...\*

Marc...

Hi Marc

I did try already the following but no luck, I had also "include *.nsf" in domdsm.cfg too, is that not making problems ?

EXCLUDE F:\Restore\...\*
Regards

My mistake, you should not specify the drive letter. The link I gave you earlier states:
Domino databases are stored by their relative names on the Tivoli Storage Manager server. As result, relative names must be used in include/exclude statements. That means the notes data directory should not be specified, and databases linked to the notes data directory by database or directory links must be referenced by the symbolic name. Do not use fully qualified physical file names.

So you need to exclude the symbolic name, not the physical path. So likely:
Code:
exclude Restore\*

Or if there are subdirectories too:
Code:
exclude Restore\...\*

Hi Marclant

Exclude Restore\...\* did not work either

hi nahad,

are your able to find out the database directory name for all those databases under f:\restore in Domino?

if yes, you should be able to exclude via <exclude (database directory)\*> statement.

If Restore is the database directory name, you should put the statement ahead of include statement:

<- insert here (exclude xxxx)
INCLUDE *.nsf DISK3_35D
INCLUDE *.ntf DISK3_35D
INCLUDE *.ntf.DATA DISK3_35D
INCLUDE *.nsf.DATA DISK3_35D
INCLUDE S*.TXN DISK3_35D

Back