Exclude local windows share from proccessing.

Zeeuus

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi.

We have Domain All-local as default in the dsm.opt file.

This gives the result that even shares like \\servername\c$\ gets backed up.
This is of course not what I want.
Could I have a client option stating this from TSM server:
exclude '\\*\*$\*'

Or how should I adress this? Please advise.

/Zeeuus

Yes, but "if" another disk is presented the all-local would back that one as-well, without editing the opt file.

Explicitly point out what to backup isn't good enough.

The approach is, every thing is backed, if not explicidly excluded. Like \\servername\C$\.

/Zeeuus

To exclude the C: drive you would just use "exclude.dir c:\*".

Hmm, I think I am somewhat unclear here...

I do not want to exclude the C: disk, just the share c$ as everything in that mointpoint is already backedup.

Does that make it any clearer?

/Zeeuus

Sorry it doesn't make it any clearer. What do you mean by the share c$ when you say \\servername\c$? Are you referring to the locally attached C: drive (which is how TSM references this filespace) or a share on another server that has been connected to?

Sorry it doesn't make it any clearer. What do you mean by the share c$ when you say \\servername\c$? Are you referring to the locally attached C: drive (which is how TSM references this filespace) or a share on another server that has been connected to?

It is the locally attached C: drive.
This is why i don't want to back this up twice...

You didn't mention your client version. From the 6.4 BA Client guide. I know you don't have a mapped drive, but this syntax would cover a share as well.

Include-exclude statements for networked file systems
Include-exclude statements that involve networked file systems (remote drives)
must be written in the UNC format.

In the following example Z: is a mapped drive to a remote file system on vista.sanjose.ibm.com.
The old format would be to exclude \dir\dir2 on the remote file system, as in this example:
EXCLUDE.DIR "Z:\dir1\dir2"

Here is an example of the new format using UNC:
EXCLUDE.DIR "\\vista.sanjose.ibm.com\d$\dir1\dir2"
The include-exclude statements written in the old format will not be recognized byTivoli Storage Manager.

Back