Exclude Directory from Daily Backup

Hiten

Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Reaction score
Hi,

I am facing problem with domino backup that its taking long time to complete.Total size is too big hence we are planning to exclude the Arhive folder from daily backup (As domino backup is running full on daily basis) & will take backup of the Archive once in a week.We are using TDP Agent for Domino for taking backup.When i prepared INCLEXCL.txt & attached in BA client installed in same its showing excluded.But in TDP its not getting excluded.

Kindly help me as i can exclude the Archive from daily backup.Is there any way to do the same ?We are using Windows 2003 x64 bit os for server & TSM 5.4 for client

Thanks
Hiten

Can you share the inclexcl.txt and the tdpo.opt files, and the logs showing where the archive folder is being backedup

Exclude Archive

Hi Hema,

Kindly find the attached Inclexcl.txt & domsel.log.But I cound not found the tdpo.opt.We are having dsm.opt in windows for client setting.

Domino databases are stored by their relative names on the Tivoli Storage Manager server. As result, relative names must be used in include/exclude statements. That means the notes data directory should not be specified, and databases linked to the notes data directory by database or directory links must be referenced by the symbolic name. Do not use fully qualified physical file names.

This is fyr: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/index.jsp

Inclexcl

Hi,

Thanks for sharing link.I checked the options given in link &
1 made entry as EXCLUDE Archive\* in inclexcl.txt.
2 restarted the TDP scheduler.

But same is not reflecting When i check the same in TDP GUI.Where as in BA client my entry with full path when attached is reflected & arhive folder is completly getting excluded.
Complete path for Arhive folder is C:\Lotus\Domino\data\Arhive.

Kindly suggest why is it happening?

Back