Exchange Unkonown APi Error

lpp

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We are encountering an intermitent error with exchange backup. The exchnage is version 5.5 SP5 on W2k SP2.

Time to time we run into thge following error:

ACN4226E -- Exchange Error: ACN3516E -- An unkonwon Exchange API error has occured (this with TDP for Exchanhge 1.1.1.01 on TSM API 3.7.2)

ACN5350E An unknown Exchange API error has occured (TDP for Exchange 2.2 on TSM API 4.2.3 - after upgrade)

The Ntbackup works while the TDP for exchange not. Does anybody has a solution for this problem.

It happens only when we try to backup the IS in both Full or Incremental backup. The TSM server is 4.2.3 on AIX 4.3.3 working with disk storage pool. :confused:

I just saw that error last week for the first time. We have Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT 4.0 SP6a. We have TDP for Exchange v2.2 on TSM API 3.7.2.19 which backups to MVS (mainframe) running TSM server 4.1.3. We do a diffential then a full backup of the databases every night and this is the first time I have seen this. I don't have a solution, but would be interested if anyone else does.

I also have a post asking why diffentials fail the night after a full has failed (see post: Exchange Differential Backup Failures after Full Backup Fails). This kind of relates as this failure causes the next differential to fail also.

Scott. :confused:

Hi.

I have seen this error too, my setup is: exchange 5.5 SP4, TDP ver. 5.1.5 and client 5.1.5, server version is 5.1.5x

I would like to see a solution too.

BR Lasse :confused:

Back