Exchange 2016 Mail box Restore browser does not work

rallingham

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I just finished upgrading a customer to TDP V7.1.4.2 for Mail. Walking the customer through I got a message that said: The Mail Box Restore Browser is not Suported by this Version of Microsoft Exchange. I opened a PMR with IBM and got a quick answer. It should be supported some time in 2016. What is MS doing? Anyway here is the link:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27047642

Just in case anyone is doing something similar I thought I would warn you.

Hi, Just saw an update come through re 7.1.6 and it looks like it's still not supported yet. Anyone know if it's been dropped or likely to come in a later release?

Got a client using DP for Mail 8.1.2 within an MS Exchange 2016 env. AND... you guessed it.. Same message. Not supported!!

Supposedly the only way to get any where near mailbox restores for Exch 2016 is to use the 'Actions' tab and restore the whole mailbox locally to a Unicode PST file and from there attach it to a MAPI client, i.e Outlook, to retrieve the data/emails required.

On the same subject here...

I don't have many MS Exchange TDP Clients (Seem to be a dyeing breed as people move over to O365), so not something I have had a lot of exposure to over the years.. However the client I referred to in my previous post (Exch 2016) has the following issue when attempting one of these Mailbox Level restores to a Unicode PST file via the MMC.

Restore-DpExcMailbox -Name 5431e923-5f67-456f-8751-dc444ae5d441 -MailboxRestoreDestination "unicodepst,E:\test restore\test.pst" -MailboxRestoreUnread YES -UseExistingRDB YES -KeepRDB NO -ExcludeDumpster NO -MOUNTRW No -MountWait Yes -Private

Failed - Error: RC: 402

ACN0151E Errors occurred while processing the request.

At Restore-DpExcMailbox -Name 5431e923-5f67-456f-8751-dc444ae5d441 -MailboxRestoreDestination "unicodepst,E:\test restore\test.pst" -MailboxRestoreUnread YES -UseExistingRDB YES -KeepRDB NO -ExcludeDumpster NO -MOUNTRW No -MountWait Yes -Private

InvalidResult: (Capability.Impl...ange.ExcContext:ExcContext) [Restore-DpExcMailbox], Exception

402,IBM.Tivoli.TSM.Cmdlets.Exchange.RestoreDpExcMailbox, Active Directory operation failed on DC02.contoso.com. This error is not retriable. Additional information: The attribute syntax specified to the directory service is invalid.

Active directory response: 0000200B: AtrErr: DSID-031519C7, #1: 0: 0000200B: DSID-031519C7, problem 1002 (INVALID_ATT_SYNTAX), data 0, Att 854e012c (homeMDB):len 144 , ACN0151E Errors occurred while processing the request.

Anyone come across this kind of error before and resolved it? Am finding that the ACN0151E is more generic than specific when searching online, but suspect that all indications point to something permissions related with Active Directory maybe?

Thanks

Back