Exchange 2010 SP3

emerman

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
hi, we have exchange sp3 installed and the backup are working fine. This state that the problem come from individual mailbox restore, we don't use this function as it's the same as restoring to a temporary database and then restoring the individual mailbox using exchange. TSM is configured to backup the exchange database only and to not "look/care" what's inside the database.

Hope this help clear things out.

What version of TSM for Exchange are you using?

I tried the 6.4.0.2 agent, which according to IC90654 should work as a temporary fix.
But I run into problems with Powershell/.NET not able to load the powershell snap-in, which according to http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21638590 is resolved by "make sure you have the latest versions of Powershell and .NET", not stating which versions that would be. And given that the latest Powershell 3.0 (part of WMF 3.0) version is not supported by Exchange 2010, well... Needless to say, I have all latest .NET 4.5 patches, and Powershell 2.0 patches installed.

Anyone tried backup (and restore) using older TDP agents? The 6.2 version I had before upgrading seemed to be able to backup Exchange 2010 SP3, but I haven't verified restore (the old-fashion way, I too don't care about individual mailbox restore - at the moment)

I would rather have the 6.4.0.2 agent working, but if not I'll have to revert to an older TDP version that doesn't rely on .NET and Powershell as much.

Hi, we're running TSM 06.04.0004, TSM for exchange 06.04.001, .net framework 4 is installed and the powershell command:

$psversiontable.psversion

Return this:

Major Minor Build Revision
----- ----- ----- --------
2 0 -1 -1

Hope this help !

Back