every one hour and second tape backup

Bharanij

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

iam planning two scenario for my customer setup any can help on this(sp:-8.1.4.0 on windows2012R2)

Scenario :1:- hana logs(path: /hana/shared/logs) i dont want to take directly to tape so i want to backup as file system backup every 1 hrs so how do i define schedule for that. i have read many post still getting confuse.

Scenario :1:- hana db iam taking directly to tape on 1Am/11Am/6pm on single tape. is there any possible that i can take 6pm backup on different tape?

Are you using the TDP? Logs would regularly go to whichever management class you choose. If not using the TDP, how are you ensuring that the database backup will be in a consistent state?

For the database backups, why? Multiple backups to tape will become problematic and the amount of database in TSM will become a problem.

For our Hana backups, we do one to tape each day plus hourly snapshot backups. To recover from a failure, 1st - failover to our HA site, 2nd choice - recover from snapshot and roll logs forward, 3rd and last choice - recover from nightly backup and roll logs forward.

i do under stand, but here my customer is taking full backup daily 3 times on disk now he want same setup on tape he does not want to lose his date.we tried log backup using management but faced issue when server got restart.( this lan base backup).

define schedule PRO_SERV dblogs action=command objects="dsmc incr /hana/shared/logs/* starttime=00:00 duration=1 durunits=hours period=1 perunits=hours priority=2" will this work?

I think you will need to work with their Basis person to work through this. You could do it like this if they are using Hana Studio to dump backups and logs to disk, then use the BA client to archive the files in TSM. With SAP backups, they are likely to want a defined retention so archives would be better than a backup.

The TDP would work better for this and the management class for logs and databases is set in the init<sid>.utl file. The backups can then be setup by the Basis team in Hana Studio.

customer is taking db using tdp but logs using file system base. we have configured logs (15 min interval timer) to using tdp but tsm server is windows based server it got restart after windows update and every thing goes failed end user got upset so we planned taking db backup 1/11:30 am and 6pm and logs every one hours(one more thing he is not going for new cart due to budget issue)

so above command will work for taking log backup?

if you are going
hourly snapshot backups
how to do that?

Back