1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

Eliminating Library Manager

Discussion in 'TSM Installation, Upgrade and Configuration' started by luisvidal, Oct 9, 2012.

1. luisvidal

luisvidal New Member

TSM Administrator
    Hi folks,

Need a bit of help with the following:

I have 2 TSM servers (1 Library Manager and 1 Library Client) running TSM 5.5.5.2 on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP3 x64. They are attached, via fibre, to a Quantum i6000 library with LTO3 tape drives. I need to retire the Library Manager, is there an easy way of transferring this function to the Library Client?

Thanks.

3. Harry_Redl

Harry_Redl Moderator

IT Consultant
    Hi,

this documents describe it in detail
    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpapers/pdfs/redp0140.pdf

but in your situation where only one TSM server remains (as I understand it) it is reduced to simple procedure.
    1) power off the library manager
    2) delete the library (shared) on the library client
    3) define the library on the library client (library, path, drives, paths to drives) -keep the same library name so you do not need to update the device classes
    4) check in all the tapes (scratch first)

If you have any storage agent, then you have to define all the corresponding paths as well.

Harry

4. luisvidal

luisvidal New Member

TSM Administrator
    Thanks, Harry.