1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

EDL VTL TAPES how to update on TSM library

Discussion in 'Tape / Media Library' started by Bullmonkey, May 14, 2010.

1. Bullmonkey

Bullmonkey New Member

I tried to move a few tapes from one EDL VTL library to another in the EMC disk library console. this was not a problem. then I needed to run an audit on the tsm library assocaited to the VTL library engine I received this message.

ANR8883W The volume V03285L3 in slot 2450 is in the library LIB10 but not in the TSM's inventory database. Please either check in this volume or remove it from the library

When trying checkin this volume (remember a virtual volume) it trys to load a phyiscal tape but since it is a VTL tape of course does not work.

How do you check in a VTL tape through TSM so that it is in the TSM inventory database.

3. Sunhillow

Sunhillow Senior Member

Hi

I don't think you can physically move a tape from one library to another, even if you only did this virtually.
    Better move data via TSM command to (one of) the storage pool(s) that reside on the second library.

4. dms19

dms19 New Member

TSM Admin
    What checkin command did you use? search=no? that should do the trick for a tape already in the library.

: edl, library, tapes, vtl