dsmj options / configuration

GaryG

Newcomer
Reaction score
We have a clustered system set up so that users can query backups and restore their own data (which is backed up via another machine) if need be.

head1 does the backing up and the access settings on head1 allow each user access to their backed up files from other 2 other nodes in the cluster. Here are the access rules:

Backup LOGIN1 user /home/user/*
Backup LOGIN1 user /home/user/*/*
Backup LOGIN2 user /home/user/*
Backup LOGIN2 user /home/user/*/*

For a user to query or restore backups, the fromnode option is used:

[user@login1 ~]$ dsmc q b -fromnode=head1 -subdir=yes /home/user/

However, users prefer the graphical way of doing things and can do this by starting dsmj and changing the settings :

Utilities > Access Another Node... and then amending "Node Name:" to "head1"

Question
========
We'd like to simplify this process for users by pre-configuring dsmj (Version 6, Release 2, Level 1.00) to access head1 by default when it's run from login1 or login2. Is there any way to do this?

I've tried passing the option on the command line in the same way it would be done for dsmc. Documentation (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...com.ibm.itsm.client.doc/t_start_dsmjdsmc.html) tells me this is possible at least for the '-servername=XXXX' option but this:

[user@login1 ~]$ dsmj -fromnode=head1

produces an "ANS1038S Invalid option sepcified" error

Setting it in dsm.opt doesn't seem to work either - dsmj now produces this error when attempting to start:

ANS1036S The option 'FROMNODE' or the value supplied for it is
not valid. It was found in options file
'/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsm.opt'
at line numbe: 16
The complete entry: 'fromnode head1'

and then offers to comment out the entry in the dsm.opt file.

I've also looked through all of dsmj's Edit > Client Preferences options and can't see a way to set 'fromnode' in there.

Is what I'm asking possible? Any help or pointers appreciated.

Gary

Back