dsmcad does not start on reboot on centos 7

tmaria

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have noticed strange behavior on multiple centos 7.x clients. Once the client is rebooted the dsmcad service does not start automatically, although I have setup the chkconfig dsmcad on command
If I execute the command service dsmcad start, it will start with out any errors,
Our clients runs IBM SP 8.1.2, with centos 7.5

Can someone please help me on this?

Thanks
Maria

Hello,

I have noticed strange behavior on multiple centos 7.x clients. Once the client is rebooted the dsmcad service does not start automatically, although I have setup the chkconfig dsmcad on command
If I execute the command service dsmcad start, it will start with out any errors,
Our clients runs IBM SP 8.1.2, with centos 7.5

Can someone please help me on this?

Thanks
Maria
What does "systemctl is-enabled dsmcad.service" output? Does it output that it is enabled? If not, try with systemctl enable dsmcad.service.

chkconfig is typically used to manage sysvinit scripts - at least in RHEL7 the switch was made to use systemd service files over sysvinit scripts. I am not sure, but I think this could be why.

chkconfig is typically used to manage sysvinit scripts - at least in RHEL7 the switch was made to use systemd service files over sysvinit scripts. I am not sure, but I think this could be why.

Yes, Cent 7.x requires you to play nice with systemd.
I was going to say check out https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21976275, however IBM seems to have removed the note. Fun... I don't have an offline copy to share either.

If I run the command systemctl is-enabled dsmcad.service I get the output below :
dsmcad.service is not a native service, redirecting to /sbin/chkconfig.
Executing /sbin/chkconfig dsmcad --level=5
enabled

So it seems that it is enabled, but also it does not run on reboot. Any more ideas?

Maria

Back