dsmc schedule command in linux

vvragav

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I could not able to run the dsmc schedule command in the system startup.
my /etc/rc.local files looks like below

nohup /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmcad 2> /dev/null &
nohup /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmagent 2> /dev/null &
nohup /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc schedule 2> /dev/null &
nohup /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc schedule -optfile=/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/domino/bin/domdsmc_notes/dsm.opt 2> /dev/null &

but the service didn't startup. my /var/log/messages give me the error.

Mar 14 13:26:48 localhost dsmc: ANS1398E Initialization functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage Manager logs or a related file: /dsmerror.log. errno = 13, Permission denied
Mar 14 13:26:48 localhost dsmcad: ANS1398E Initialization functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage Manager logs or a related file: /dsmerror.log. errno = 13, Permission denied
Mar 14 13:26:48 localhost dsmc: ANS1398E Initialization functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage Manager logs or a related file: /dsmerror.log. errno = 13, Permission denied
Mar 14 13:26:48 localhost kernel: SELinux: initialized (dev devpts, type devpts), uses transition SIDs
Mar 14 13:26:48 localhost dsmc: ANS1520E Failure writing to the Tivoli Storage Manager error log: errno = 13, Permission denied
Mar 14 13:26:48 localhost dsmcad: ANS1520E Failure writing to the Tivoli Storage Manager error log: errno = 13, Permission denied
Mar 14 13:26:48 localhost dsmagent: ANS1398E Initialization functions cannot open one of the Tivoli Storage Manager logs or a related file: /dsmerror.log. errno = 13, Permission denied
Mar 14 13:26:48 localhost dsmc: ANS1520E Failure writing to the Tivoli Storage Manager error log: errno = 13, Permission denied

I looked for the previous forums, but thery were for AIX and SUSE. I am running RHEL4. Any help...?

hi,

you seem to have more than just one problem out there ...

1) consider changing the 4th line of your rc.local file, i would write a script shell (e.g. dominosched.sh with correct env variables in it), and let it run from /domino/bin directory.

2) the ANS1398E is clearly stating that it has no right to even open dsmerror.log, then you should properly set permission (to write in it as well !)
chown and chmod commands ...

3) the user running dsmc and dsmcad is root, while the user running tdp must be the user you set when initializing tdp for domino (dominstall program).

Be aware that you won't have anything running happily, as long as you don't fix the ENV variables stuff as it should

cheers
max

Back