dsmadmc inserting vs. replacing mode

crazymad

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I use dsmadmc from unix (AIX 5.2), but the console uses replacing mode, so when I issue a command and afterwards I want to modify it by typing another option it rewrites characters (behind the cursor) instead of insert before them.

Does anybody know how to change replacing mode to the insert mode?

Thanks in advance.

The method is in the Backup-Archive Clients Installation and User’s Guide (page 214) that says:

"Editor

The editor option turns the command line interface (CLI) editor and retrieve capability on or off. Because certain terminal settings result in non-standard input, the editor may not work as defined in this document. In this case, you can disable the editor by setting the editor option to no in your dsm.sys file or the client user options file (dsm.opt)."

Also,

"If you set the editor option to yes in your client options file (dsm.opt), Tivoli Storage Manager permits you to recall and edit as many as 20 previously entered commands by using the Up arrow and Down arrow keys. If you set the editor option to no, the feature to recall previous commands is not active. If the editor and command retrieve functions are not working on a specific workstation setting, you should turn off the editor option."

As per my experience, it is ON by default on Unix and OFF on Windows.

rogwall

Back